Sunday, November 10, 2013

Forgiveness

Last week something unfortunate and totally unnecessary happened, which is called an accident. Why do accidents happen? We really don't know and we always keep looking for answers for them, like what if I had not done this, or what if she would have been a minute late this would have been avoided or gosh it would have been so good if he missed the bus and so on. We keep beating ourselves up with this and many more questions, but never get answers, at least I never got mine.

So, as I was saying about an accident, my mother was hit by an on coming motorcyclist. They both fell on the road. My mother got hurt near the eye and on her foot, she got stitches at both the places. She and my father were stopping by some shop to pick up some stuff, while my father was waiting in the car. When she didn't return after some time, my father got worried and that's when he saw crowd gathering on the road, that's when he sensed something was wrong and went to see what was going on. To his utter shock, panic, stress and utter sadness (I cant even imagine) he saw my Mom :( on the road. They picked her up and ALSO the man who hit my mother and drove both of them to the hospital for treatment. WHY???? HIM???


Now I didn't understand why the person who hit my MOM deserved to be driven by us to the hospital. My father says, it had to happen like that, we wouldn't have been able to stop it anyway. What is about to happen, going to happen or has happened. In fact he said we were lucky because my Mother didn't break any bones. She has been through two operations in the past years and this age getting a bone fixed is a huge deal. Another thing was also the system, it was not made to be a case, as it gets more complicated like that.
So what I learnt from this incident/accident is actually FORGIVING always works and that's where I think the Hindu philosophy comes into the picture. When you don't find answers to questions you are looking for then you accept them wholeheartedly, as this was meant to happen. But I also know this can only work if you are convinced deep inside, if you just say you forgive someone and still hold grudges towards that person, then you are never going to find peace regarding that situation.

I have been talking to my father and mother regularly and the topic keeps coming and now I have also understood and forgiven that man who did this, because no body on purpose would want to be in an accident, and I got my answer to my question.......What ever is happening is happening for the best, what ever will happen you have no power over it and what has happened was meant to be like that.
I am glad to have understood it and this made my life a lot easier. My mother is recovering every day and soon she will be stronger then ever before I know it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment