Saturday, November 9, 2013

Diavolezza

Its been such a long time since I wrote something. I have been tied up with so many things, home, kids, M has her final year in school and plus me trying to organise some events. It sure takes a lot of time but is very fulfilling and satisfying for me. I like it when I don't how much time to think, well........most of the time. Then one day.......I sit back with a hot chai and rewind my past weeks and days and enjoy the little things I have achieved.

Last week I had the opportunity to Cook Indian with some professional Italian Chefs in a Restaurant at 3,000 mts high in the middle of the Swiss Alps or as Eric has said to be more precise 2978 mts, the Swiss precise way! Diavolezza is a mountain in the region Graubünden in the area of Pontresina. Diavolezza is one of the famous Ski resorts in the area. There is this restaurant cum Hotel Berghaus Diavolezza where I visited.



It was Silvia`s (Hotel Managerin) idea to do some Indian cooking lessons there as now-a-days there are herds of Indian tourists coming up there and as you can see on this page http://www.diavolezza.ch/ there is only this Hotel cum Restaurant there. And if you know anything about Indian vegetarians it has got to be their way or no way. I told Silvia besides the point of serving them vegetarian food for business reasons its the good Karma that counts for me. Tell me who can give you a plate of Dal-Chawal at 2978 mts, even if you hand over a fortune. But Swiss tourist friendly people do that. I am so looking forward for her feedback on how it is going with the Indian Thali up there. 




One of the best Engadiner Törte I even had...........mhhhh...
                         

  And my dinner: Blaue Kartoffeln Suppe "Blue Poato Soup was so lecker and it was topped with thin Potato wafers and fried Thyme. I never had anything like that before and one last thing which I loved there was the Special ginger and Lemon tee. M and T loved it as I loved it too and I was given a private tutorial too :) Here is the Recipe on the Blog Ginger and LemonTee

                                                           


There is also a story of the Mountain fairy queen, which unfortunately I couldn't hear from Silvia but thanks to Wikipedia, now I know. If you would also like to read about it hear it goes Diavolezza


The Rhätische Bahn (RhB) the train line was granted as a UNESCO world heritage Bahn in the year 2008 for its picturesque landscape, winding tunnels, many bridges and dizzying Viaduckts.



So back to the cooking part, this trip was one of the great experiences of my life. It was worth it and the cherry on the cake was that it was our wedding anniversary on Monday, a holiday here so R could also tag along with me. Now I can proudly say that on my first work trip and I took him with me. 


Silvia gave us a trip of the whole kitchen and it was quite interesting.







Our Cooking days together.




 


and finally the two days were over..........after the anniversary dinner.....Me & Him



Me and Sivia


and the Worlds highest Jacuzzi: YES! at 2978 mts.


Fun times :) reaching people, learning cultures.....



No comments:

Post a Comment