Saturday, November 16, 2013

Emotional Behavior

This is some behavioral change I am talking about which I observed in a human being. How do people perceive themselves and how do they like to be perceived, its a totally different thing I think!

I started seeing a certain change in A`s behavior for some days. She said she feels that she wants certain people to perceive her in a way she thinks she likes. So she went ahead and started incorporating some changes in her behavior. Slowly people started noticing some change and started asking questions. I had a good talk with A. Finally she opened up to me, not all but partly. I understood what she meant but then I gave her an example which sort of blew me away, yes ME ! Sometimes some things are not clear to me or I have a problem and most of the time I get my answers while talking to people, be it friends, my kids, or R. I don``t know but voicing and speaking about a problem, stirs some things in the mind and what comes out is mostly a solution and you all know I believe in COMMUNICATION! It Works!!! So, confront a problem and see what happens. I have also told my girls from their Kindergarten days on, if you have a problem face it heads on, face it until it becomes a habit or a behavior. Then the course of the problem changes and the Status too, because you have learnt to deal with the problem and you can cross it out as one. It becomes normal. Now they are so used to doing it this way and I am so proud of them. I can give you dozen examples, which they tell me after coming home from the University and school, what they did and it Works! It was very hard for them in the beginning but now they know, this is the best way to deal with any problem.


So back to A now and this is the example I gave her.  A works in an organisation. Some organisational big changes were made without consulting the lower management people. These people started seeing things a bit differently then before. They got confused and started asking questions. When it went up they got their answer that how this change have been decided by the upper management and how it will be good for the benefit of the company. But now A doesn't agree with this, her first reaction is....but we should have been consulted because we are involved in this and it affects us too!!! That's when I said Exactly!!my point. You cannot retrospect on yourself, convince yourself and one fine day start changing your behavior towards other people. Because they perceive you in a certain way and if they don't get the previous behavior they get confused. So instead of A helping herself with her situation damaged it more according to my prospective. Had I wanted to make some changes into my life, I would have had a heart to heart with the people whom I want that they see me differently and then I would inform that I would like to incorporate some changes in me and then start. This way I think I would get some support from people and also appreciation for trying.

Now I don't know if I am making much sense here. But I happen to believe I understand or try to understand human psychology a little bit. It is so interesting.  Let me know if this made sense to someone. Am looking forward to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment